From the package documentation:
- What on earth is PAM anyway?
- Are there any tools for changing passwords etc. that are in PAM-MySQL?
- I need to retrieve misc. UNIX user information such as one's home directory coming from MySQL. Can pam-mysql do this?
- How can I quickly tell in which way a given password is encrypted, PASSWORD(), CRYPT()-ed, or md5()?
- I set up saslauthd (of Cyrus-SASL) to use PAM-MySQL for authentication and noticed some authentication mechanisms such as CRAM-MD5 don't work. Why?
- PAM-MySQL is licensed under GNU Public License and I heard that GPL requires the program that links to a GPL'ed shared binary object at runtime also being covered by GPL. Is it safe to use PAM-MYSQL from a program with a license that is incompatible with GPL?
- I was able to build PAM-MySQL without problems, but MD5 doesn't work. Why?